Saturday 30 September 2017

ACTION!

After a chat with Alan on Friday about the second act of the animation, it is clear that action is very much missing. His advice, become my own location manager and find areas of interest and try to get a feel of how a chase scene would take place within it. This sparked my interest, and got me thinking where could I go? What would be a great place to shoot an action scene and what kind of action could happen? 

And then I took this photo...



It wasn't until I was back home that I realised that this corridor is EXACTLY what I needed all along. The way in which it looked like a never ending corridor sparked a thousand ideas.
I thought, what could be the action that puts the audience on the edge of their seats? Could it be...

- A laser maze
- A giant ball of death
- A Jump through flaming hoops
- A pool of sharks
- A narrow escape through a closing door

All of these ignited excitement, but as I looked back at the picture of this somewhat never-ending corridor I thought, why not use all of these things. 
I imagined that to get the ball rolling (literally) this 'giant ball of death' acts as the catalyst that starts a chase, leading to each scenario happening within this corridor. As mentioned in my previous posts cartoons such as Fairly Odd Parents are things I enjoyed as a kid and the playfulness they have is something I want to inject into my animation. So, with each difficulty he faces within the corridor getting a little more 'silly' and quite literally jumping the shark and ending with a hopefully tense and narrow escape under a closing doorway. 

Below is a visually cinematic representation of what things come to mind when I think of my action scene.




No comments:

Post a Comment