Tuesday 10 October 2017

Action Sequence [Pre-vis and Notes]

As I said in my last post I wanted to take my storyboards and adapt them into a rough pre-vis to get a better sense of movement, which I have done. From it I personally have a better sense of the movement, and the way each shot moves from one to the other. It's also given me a clearer vision of how particular shots, that I felt would be difficult, will translate into animation.


My next point of call is the storyboard the next scene which is a kind of dance/escape scenario. 
After that I plan on putting everything together to see how it all works as one piece.

6 comments:

  1. Who doesn't love robo-sharks?! This is shaping up, Tom - it's a fun pastiche :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My thoughts exactly! Thanks Phil, really enjoying this process at the moment :]

      Delete
  2. Seems fine and fun so far. My only advice seeing as this is a work in progress is that it might be helpful to find music to help you edit to. Also, take a look at a wide variety of films to see whats possible through editing. Everything from high action films like the Bourne series to more art house like Run Lola Run. There are little 'touches' in those films which help punctuate linear movement.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh and The Grand Budapest Hotel for comedic touches at high speed. Particularly during the prison break at the end of the film. Another though, do you know the personality of your character well enough? Sometimes, figuring out who he is (more specifically) can change change a story board. He is 'reacting' to the environment (a character in its own right). Comedy comes from that contrast/mismatch. The Grand Budapest Hotel is a good example of that - An 'uptight/proper' hotel Concierge goes to prison' and escapes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alan, I do have a couple of sketchbooks full of character stuff so I will get round to putting this on the blogs at some point. I'll be sure to check out some more action films in the next few days :]

      Delete