Monday 4 December 2017

Creating a 3D Character

Last week (Monday) I started modelling my character, the above image is the fully modelled character. After I modelled C-13 I moved on to the sets which I am still currently sorting out and looking at ways that I can light them dynamically and look pleasing to the eye. Below is a selection of render passes. (Wireframe, Ambient Occlusion and a Beauty pass)

After my character was modelled and textured, I wanted to have a glimpse at how the eyes would work. The 2D designs proved that the eyes were expressive, but I wanted to see if this also translated into 3D. This was done without a rig, I simply rooted the eyelid shape into the position I wanted. Below is the result. Expression (Left) Neutral Position (Right)


3 comments:

  1. Hi Tom. The body and legs can't be separate pieces of geometry. They need to be one mesh (not combined). Also, the legs have too much geometry in them (around the circumference).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Alan, thanks for the feedback, this post has been changed with the updated model :)

      Delete