Sunday 11 February 2018

Scene 3: Shot 1 Update 2


Another update on this scene, I have added in some of the camera movement and have added the last turn to camera. All that is left to do are the camera moves, some refinement and C-13's final run  away from camera into what will be a shadow-filled corridor.


UPDATE
I have uploaded a second version of the updated animation which has a bit more motion blur enabled. this was that by changing the settings within viewport 2.0. However, the blur seems to accumulate around the eyes mostly, which is a bit strange. This could be down the the graphics card in my computer. As well as this I have followed some advice from Alan and gave the lower part of the body (the knee/foot) a slight twist as C-13 turns towards the camera. 

6 comments:

  1. Hi Tom - Looking good. One (very minor) fix if you get a chance to go back to this. At the end when he twists towards the camera have his left foot/knee (camera left) twist towards the camera too (just a bit - so his foot slides about its heel). That will give the lower section a bit of movement (all the movement is in the upper half at the moment) and allow you to twist the pelvis a bit more towards the camera and even out/balance the pose/twist. As I said its minor and only do it if you get chance to go back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...Other than that he's looking good and very fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alan! I see what you mean about the foot/knee. I'll add that in tomorrow after I have finessed the rest of the animation and begin to refine everything. Thanks again :]

      Delete
  3. Also - Do you playblast out an image sequence (jpegs?) and then create a movie file? If you do you can turn on 'Motion Blur' in Viewport 2.0 settings for playblasting to see what you're animation will look like 'smoothed out' by motion blur. Basically turning that on gives you live motion blur in the viewport - so turn it off again after or it will slow down your viewport. Motion blur can transform your animation and give it a smoother feel (something you should do after or during rendering).

    Note: Viewport 2.0 does rely on how good your graphics card is, but its worth a go.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just playblast from the timeline if that's what you mean?
      I will have look at the settings for viewport 2.0 as I do have motion blur on when I render so it would be great to see how it would look before a render.

      Delete
    2. Update - I have just applied the motion blur to the playblast from the viewport 2.0 settings and the blur only that seems to be visible is on the character around the eyes. I'm thinking that my graphics card is the issue?

      Delete